Roulette is one of the most popular Casinos games in the world, and as such, it has lots of questions surrounding the best ways of playing.
This post won’t be looking at any strategy, instead, focusing on some of the lesser-known betting options available, called the Neighbour or Section bets.
The first, a ‘Neighbour’ bet is the simplest to understand, and it’s basically one key number, and four smaller numbers.
For instance, say your lucky number is 14. If you placed a bet on 14, and wanted to cover its neighbours (or the numbers either side of it on the Roulette wheel), you could place a $5 bet on 14 neighbours, and your bet would be split into five, with $1 going on 14, and the other $4 spread on 20, 31, 1, and 9. Now you don’t physically need to place the money on each number yourself – simply tell the dealer (or select the option if you’re playing online), and they will do it all automatically!
Now that we’ve looked at a neighbour bet, let’s look at section bet.
A Section bet is when you place a wager on one of three sections of the Roulette wheel.
Voisins Du Zero – This is a 9-chip bet, so if you were to place $9 on, 9 numbers would be covered with a $1 bet. The bet is broken down as follows:
- 2 chips placed on the 0,2,3 corner
- 2 chips placed on the 25 to 29 corner
- 1 chip placed on the 4/7 split
- 1 chip placed on the 12/15 split
- 1 chip placed on the 18/21 split
- 1 chip placed on the 19/22 split
- 1 chip placed on 32/35 split
Orphelins – This bet is the smallest of the ‘Section Bets’, and only covers 8 numbers, instead of the 9 that the Voisins du zero covers. Below is an example of how the chips are placed when you bet on Orphelins:
- 1 chip placed on number 1 straight up
- 1 chip placed on the 6/9 split
- 1 chip placed on the 14/17 split
- 1 chip placed on the 17/20 split
- 1 chip placed on the 31/34 split
Tier Du Cylinder – The third and final Section bet, Tier du cylinder covers 12 numbers. This means a $12 bet, would mean $1 staked on each chip. Below is a breakdown of how the chips are placed;
- 1 chip placed on the 5/8 split
- 1 chip placed on the 10/11 split
- 1 chip placed on the 13/16 split
- 1 chip placed on the 23/24 split
- 1 chip placed on the 27/30 split
- 1 chip placed on the 33/36 split
Both the neighbour and section bets give you the chance to enjoy a slightly different Roulette experience, and this ensures your playing experience is never dull or boring!
So… what are you waiting for! Start playing Roulette by clicking one of the Casino-links below, and place your Neighbour and Section bets today!